1.01.2009

Canon V. Nikon

People got strong opinions about these two brands of point-and-shoot cameras. I tried not to get involved. You know what they say about opinions...

Well, I have one. And one of those as well.

I prefer Canon. But I must say that before I developed this opinion, I bought a Nikon. Last week. It did not fit. What was the model number? Oh, who can remember. (Who wants to? I don't recommend it anyway.) It was a mid-range model for $160 online. The camera was just plain difficult to use. I know how to use cameras -- but this Nikon! Oh, the torment!
  1. Interminable shutter lag
  2. blurry photos
  3. orange photos
  4. blue photos!
Now, I'm sure some of you (Nikon-heads) will say that I don't know how to use the camera. But let me tell you that I got my Canon SD 880 IS last night and I started using it immediately, without reading the manual and the photos looked great. Even the videos were great and the new, larger LCD screen looks great.

I just want it to be easy. And intuitive. And with my new Canon, it is.

No comments: