4.07.2012

HTC Rhyme: Superior Smartphone Camera



Can a purple phone be enjoyed by a man?   


Even when it sports a light-up charm to alert you to a call when the phone is lost in your purse?  I guess it would take a special kind of man.  As for the rest of us, we lucked out not only in terms of design, but also in the way we use it:  Meet the HTC Rhyme.
When you’re in the market to buy a new phone, getting to hold and use it for a while helps you make up your mind pretty fast.  HTC lent me a Rhyme for a coupla weeks.  I’m an HTC customer anyway -- I have a G2 with TMobile.  I can honestly say that it’s my favorite phone that I’ve ever had.  

The only deficiency with the G2 has been the camera - it’s, well... not so great.  The HTC Rhyme makes up for that and more.  My favorite element in the camera is the panorama setting.  
It’s like having a wide-angle lens at your fingertips. And, it’s idiot-proof!  The camera stitches together three photos for you -- and it guides you to get there.  
The camera produces sharp photos with accurate color and a range of settings like action burst, HDR, vignette and more.

I used this camera on the Inaugural Disney Fantasy Cruise and after a few tips from a professional photographer, I took some above-average (for me) photos.  It helps that the phone’s interface is logical and easy-to-use.  The screen makes your shots look so beautiful, you might be a little disappointed when you finally check them out on your PC.

The only feature on the Rhyme that I would like to have is the physical keyboard that I have with the G2.  But when I think about what’s most important to me on my phone, a good camera trumps the keyboard -- but just barely.  

I really want both.  

Follow Elizabeth on Twitter @erodg
To read more of Elizabeth's posts on TravelingMom.com, click here.

No comments: